Our friends at Photofly Travel Club have planned another great adventure and we're all invited!
E-mail us at [masked] for the daily itinerary!
July 9th-July 19th 2017
From Zagreb to Dubrovnik, we’ll explore the best of the best when it comes to this Eastern European gem. And since this gorgeous country is surrounded by gorgeous neighbors, we’ll explore a few of them too: Bosnia Herzegovina and Montenegro! Our Croatia small group tour is filled with beauty for us to soak in, photograph, and marvel at. We’ve custom built this adventure to experience the highlights of Croatia and her neighbors including some of the country’s amazing islands just off the coast. As always, e-mail us to see the daily itinerary at [masked]
* 10 nights/11 days throughout the best of Croatia and her stunning neighbors (Bosnia/Herzegovina & Montenegro)
* Charming & Unique Boutique style hotels throughout
* Welcome/Farewell Dinners, & Lunch in Bosnia/Herzegovina included
* Privately guided tours throughout (City tours of Zagreb, Split, & Dubrovnik, Plitvice Lakes National Park, Zadar, Mostar, & Montenegro)
* Zagreb: We’ll explore the capital of Croatia via a panoramic bus and walking tour of the historical and photogenic highlights (Trg Bana Jelacica (“main square”, Fruit Market, St. Markus Church)
* Plitvice Lakes National Park: Oldest park in Southeast Europe & an UNESCO World Heritage Site. Witness more than 16 lakes lined up and separated by natural limestone barriers. The lakes are among pristine forests and renowned for their distinctive colors, ranging from azure to green, grey or blue. The colors change constantly depending on the quantity of minerals or organisms in the water and the angle of sunlight. So many incredible photographs to be taken in here!
* Zadar: The oldest continuously inhabited city in Croatia, Zadars exceptional history has left behind stunning architecture including roman ruins, medieval churches, charming roadside cafes, and even the world’s first “sea organ” in the world. Fantastic photography to be taken around every corner!
* Island Hopping Adventure: The Kornati Islands are a small piece of paradise along this world famous coastline. The archipelago has the highest density on the entire Mediterranean. With their raw beauty, they remain sheltered from the development of modern times. Island hopping, swimming, & quaint fishermen’s settlements will be highlights throughout this day. (*optional day tour)
* Trogir: Explore the picturesque city known as “The Stone Beauty”, a charming stone town under the protection of UNESCO which takesTrogir small group tourspride in their fascinating Romanesque cathedral, churches, towers and beautiful palaces. With 2300 years of tradition, its rich culture was created under the influence of old Greeks, Romans, & Venetians. We’ll stay in a charming, family owned, boutique hotel built within a historical Baroque palace in heart of Trogir!
* Split: The second largest city in Croatia and “the capital of Dalmatia” has gradually developed around the palace of the Roman emperor Diocletian built more than 1700 years ago. The entire old city of Split has been built within the walls of the UNESCO world heritage site, Diocletian Palace, making this historical center very unique. From Diocletian’s cellars to the Market (Pjaca), to the sunny sea promenade (Riva), and past the fish-market all the way to the Theatre: morning, day and night in Split encompasses the real atmosphere of a typical Mediterranean city.
Bosnia & Herzegovina:
*Mostar: As we continue south we’ll take a slight detour across the border to Bosnia & Herzegovina’s wonderland town of Mostar. Along the way awaits another mystical waterfall, not only superb for photos but swimming too! A short walk down a windy road & staircase takes us to Kravice Falls. 80 ft high and 390 ft long, it’s like a mini, majestic Niagara Falls!
All cooled off, we’ll finally arrive in Mostar, most famous for a beautiful Ottoman-style bridge which spans the Neretva river in the historic center of the city. “Stari Most” frames the colorful buildings and mosques that tumble down the cliffs of Old Town as the river rushes underneath it. It is obvious that Mostar is arguably this country’s most beautiful “city”. It is charming and pristine. In fact, it’s bizarrely pristinefor a city famous for being all but destroyed during the war. A wide variety of delicious multi-ethnic restaurants & awesome bakeries/cafes dot the streets with brilliant views of the bridge. Eat, drink great local coffee, and take pictures. What gets better than this?
Often called “The Pearl of the Mediterranean”, Montenegro might be the only place in the world where you can find so much natural wealth & beauty in such a compact area, including pretty beaches, blue lakes, rushing rivers, and gorgeous mountains.
Kotor: This medieval walled town on the coast is situated in the Bay of Kotor. It’s world famous for the maze of streets, unique history, & dramatic defense walls encircling the town as it winds up and around the massive mountain overlooking the city. A privately guided walking tour will take us throughout the best parts of Kotor for a day filled with awesome pictures, culture, and history.
Dubrovnik City Tour: Reclaimed, not just as a Croatian treasure but also as one of the world’s treasures; a fact that was officially recognized when the United Nations declared this medieval town as a World Cultural Heritage site. Its fortresses, imposing walls surrounding the city, palaces, churches, and small streets form a perfect harmony with the natural surroundings. Our tour includes visits to the Franciscan Monastery with Europe’s oldest pharmacy, the Cathedral with its famous Treasury, and Rector’s Palace, the former seat of government in the Dubrovnik Republic.
* Optional Sea Kayaking Adventure: Become acquainted with Dubrovnik from it’s stunning seacoast! An easy paddling kayak excursion beneath the old city walls, is a unique opportunity starting beneath the ancient Fort Lovrjenac in the small port called Pile. We’ll set off to explore caves and beauties of the mysterious Lokrum Island accompanied by our experienced kayaking guides.
* Plenty of free time throughout to explore on our own
* A range of optional excursions excellent for photography (Unique farm to table, off the path dinner at family farm in mountainous countryside, white water rafting in Split, walk Dubrovnik city walls, bike/wine tours, & more…)
* Optional extra night Dubrovnik: Wind down, relax, swim, or explore more of the Dubrovnik area by staying an extra night at our resort on the coast. A roundtrip boat ride to Lokrum Island with great nature trails, swimming, & the “Game of Thrones” museum is included. Price/details in daily itinerary-E-mail to request!
* All Taxes, Transfers, & Fees included
* Airfare is not included but we will help you find a good flight! (Home Airport → Zagreb International Airport (ZAG) to arrive on July 9th 2017 & Dubrovnik International Airport (DBV) → Home Airport on July 19th 2017)
* Roommate Pairing to save money as always!
* Email us to see daily itinerary at [masked]
*For our solo travelers I will pair you up with someone of the same sex unless single occupancy is requested.
Go here to sign up: http://www.photoflytravel.org/croatia-small-group-tour/